You have time on your hands and want to crochet or sew a project. Do you look for inspiration and decide on the type of project during the process or do you decide on the type of project first…sewing or crocheting?
Before I look for inspiration, I like to know what type of project I will be working on…sewing or crocheting. If I have a weekend free, I will choose a project to sew. If it’s a case where I will be working on the project during the evening, I will choose one to crochet. The reason being, I prefer to sew when I have natural light.
Where do you find your inspiration?
My inspiration comes from a variety of sources, depending on if I will be crocheting or sewing.
For crocheting, my inspirations include:
- Crochet books I have purchased
- Crochet magazines: Crochet! and Crochet World
- Crochet Guild of America website member resources
- Free in-store patterns
Right now, I am currently inspired by “The Best of Mary Maxim: Ripple Afghans” by Leisure Arts. Since it is currently -20 degrees on average in Michigan, blankets seem very appropriate.
For sewing, my inspirations include:
- Local store – Country Stitches in East Lansing, MI. The store is PERFECT. This is, by far, my favorite place to get inspiration.
- Sewing patterns I have purchased
- Free patterns from Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores